3.14.2011

Update #1

I, Dan, saw the Urologist today.  Basically said it's cancer and that it will have to be removed.  I've already come to terms with that so nothing new there.  He said that the inflamed lymph nodes WERE concerning cause as a fetus in the womb our ovaries/ testis are created next to the kidneys & lungs.  This is where they always drain to and not the lymph nodes in the groin like most people think.  As the genitals form and continue to "drop" to the common location the rest of the genitals drain to those lymph nodes closest to it.  This leaves the fact that IF cancer is going to spread it will leave the testis' and head to my lungs.  So, Dr had me off to do a chest CT scan and another blood draw.  I was suppose to get an update on what my lungs look like but didn't get a phone call with results.  They wanted to do surgery tomorrow but the anesthesiologist did not confirm with doctors office.  Now we are shooting for this Wednesday.  We have to wait for yet ANOTHER update to find out when exactly I'll be having surgery.  Rest assured if this doc can't get me an appointment for surgery confirmed by tomorrow then I'm off to another Urologist who will get the job done this week.  Every doc I've seen says this needs out now!

Not much for recovery news.  He said that each person is different but I should be 3 days to a week.  Since I have an office job it shouldn't be too much longer then that.  As for Radiology or Chemotherapy it depends on what my cancer marker levels in my blood look like after removal.  He said that if they do not go down then I'm looking at Chemotherapy.  No need to start worrying about that until we get this surgery done and go from there.  Dr didn't mention anything about Radiology but either of these treatments is up to my Oncologist.

Wish I had more to tell but this is where I stand at then end of the day.

Thanks again for all the thoughts, well wishes and prayers.  I continue to be more worried about Kacie and our baby then for myself.  Just want baby to come when he wants to and not cause of added stress on Kacie.

Stay tuned for tomorrows update...

No comments:

Post a Comment