On Monday March 7th I, Dan, found out that I have what could be but not yet confirmed until under a microscope Testicular Cancer. Shocking I know but I fit the age demographics (15 - 35) and it's important that we caught it. This effects my right testicle and will have to be removed.
So lets backtrack. On Thursday March 3rd I had an ultrasound test done on my scrotum. I got the ultrasound results on March 7th. The ultrasound report stated that a "complex, primarily solid mass with no visible testicular tissue left." I'm ok with the fact that I'll have this testicle removed. I did ask several questions to the Dr about how this effects me. Basically, everything works like normal. No testosterone issues to worry about. Completely functional penis. Only thing missing will be 1 testicle. If I wanted more kids not need to worry, left testicle works just fine and can handle the task. Dr compared this removal to getting a crown on your tooth. Yeah, it feels weird for a few days but then it becomes the norm. Considering I've never had a cavity, not sure I can relate.
Also on March 7th Dr had me off to the Hospital for blood work to look for cancer markers and a CT scan of my abdomen and pelvis. I received these results on Wednesday March 9th. Blood work confirmed cancer markers and CT scan did not find any other masses other then my right testicle. They did see an inflamed lymph node near my stomach but they think it was inflamed due to a respiratory infection. Dr thinks that it's highly unlikely that this would have jumped that far up my system. If the cancer was going to spread it would have gone to the lymph nodes closer to the groin region. Only way to know is to get a sample under a microscope to confirm or deny. Only thing he could really say was "if it acts like a duck and sounds like a duck... it's probably a duck." So, I guess I have Testicular Cancer.
So, what now? Tomorrow Monday March 14th I meet with a Urologist (male genital Dr) to talk about surgery, recovery, if I need treatment afterward and he will also be able to confirm or deny cancer. Again, cancer cannot be confirmed until a sample of tumor is under a microscope.
Stay tuned for new developments and results...
No comments:
Post a Comment